23 replies to this topic

#11 Guest_Alex_*

Guest_Alex_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE(chris1971 @ Jun 27 2008, 22:53 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Alex @ Jun 27 2008, 22:51 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
love the RTC, i'd get one in a second if i had the space

hi mate hope your well, what do you know about these filter,tank size, feeding etc

going to pier tomorrow at 10 ish if you fancy a trip

id love to mate but im working mad.gif

if your talking about getting a RTC then you'll need a HUGE tank, with HUGE filters
... they eat alot and grow very big , very fast.... 3-4ft is easily achievable with these badboys

#12 ~Rich~

~Rich~

Brandtii

• Elite Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,265 posts
  • Country

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:02 AM

what a wicked tank and filtration system drool.gif

#13 ~Curly~

~Curly~

h

• Elite Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,061 posts
  • Interests:I currently have a Purple belt in Kickboxing and 1st Dan in Japanese Ju Jitsu, along with 1st Dan in Kyusho Jitsu. I now have my instructors qualifications in Ju Jitsu and DEBS self protection system.<br />I also enjoy tinkering around with motorbikes and playing with my kids. And of course my fish!

• MOTM: Mar-07, May-07, Mar-08, Sep-08, Feb-09, Mar-09, Dec-09
  • POTM:
    Non P Feb-07, May-07, Non P June-08
  • Country

Posted 28 June 2008 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE(Alex @ Jun 28 2008, 01:12 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if your talking about getting a RTC then you'll need a HUGE tank, with HUGE filters
... they eat alot and grow very big , very fast.... 3-4ft is easily achievable with these badboys

Plus if you thought Plecs crap a lot, you should see the size of the RTC's crap! Absolutlely massive. The Asian Red Tail ate some of it thnking it was pellets! sick.gif

#14 webbi

webbi

Sanchez

• Elite Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,598 posts

• MOTM: June 08
  • POTM:
    Aug08 NonP, Jan09 NonP
  • Country

Posted 28 June 2008 - 05:58 PM

lol i bet that tasted nice

#15 Guest_Steve._*

Guest_Steve._*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE(curly @ Jun 28 2008, 09:47 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Alex @ Jun 28 2008, 01:12 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Plus if you thought Plecs crap a lot, you should see the size of the RTC's crap! Absolutlely massive. The Asian Red Tail ate some of it thnking it was pellets! sick.gif

Easy mistake to make i suppose. lmao.gif

#16 kevinr

kevinr

Snakehead man

• Elite Member
  • PipPip
  • 918 posts
  • Interests:Snakeheads, catfisk, 4x4's and Eve-Online
  • Country

Posted 19 September 2008 - 07:00 PM

awsome video, and what a stunner..My little guy is already a gutsy sod, gonna be fun when he's bigger.

#17 alexl

alexl
  • New
  • 1 posts
  • Country

Posted 16 November 2008 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE(curly @ Jun 27 2008, 21:06 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's a vid I took of my mates new 6x4x2.5ft tank. Sump is 5x2x2, drain is 2" bore pipe with 7000lph return. Sump holds 90kgs of alfagrog!!
Redtail is 28", Banjar Red aro is 18", Asian red tail is 14", Tinfoil 9" and the Red tail black shark 5".

HI Curly

PLease could you tell me where your mate got his tank made. Will be wanting a similar one shortly. Poss 10' X 4'deep amd 4' high. Thanks Alexl

#18 ~Curly~

~Curly~

h

• Elite Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,061 posts
  • Interests:I currently have a Purple belt in Kickboxing and 1st Dan in Japanese Ju Jitsu, along with 1st Dan in Kyusho Jitsu. I now have my instructors qualifications in Ju Jitsu and DEBS self protection system.<br />I also enjoy tinkering around with motorbikes and playing with my kids. And of course my fish!

• MOTM: Mar-07, May-07, Mar-08, Sep-08, Feb-09, Mar-09, Dec-09
  • POTM:
    Non P Feb-07, May-07, Non P June-08
  • Country

Posted 16 November 2008 - 05:26 PM

Hello and welcome2.gif
My mate got it from a bloke that advertises on Aquarist Classifieds. He and his mate travel anywhere to pick up big tanks. He will even deliver to you for a small price.
If you want to buy new then there is a pinned topic in the tank & equipment section right at the top, custom sized tanks. There lists a few manufacturer's that will give discount to forum members. ND Aquatics tanks are really nice and a few members have them with no problems at all.

What are you looking to keep?

#19 tommo

tommo

Caribe

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:MTB<br />Football
  • POTM:
    Feb10, NonP Mar10
  • Country

Posted 16 November 2008 - 05:49 PM

very nice buttrock.gif

#20 Scott rowe

Scott rowe

Red belly

• Elite Member
  • PipPip
  • 905 posts
  • Country

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

Very old thread I know but I've just seen a red tailed catfish for 40 and 5 inch long.just wondering on growth rate for these fella's and what sort of tank size would be needed?cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users