10 replies to this topic

#1 westman

westman

Caribe

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 10:00 PM

i just brought king british algae wafers eny1 useing them or used them i put a few in my tank and my plecos found them strait away...

WESTMAN ^^

#2 akskirmish

akskirmish

Piraya

• Elite Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Country

Posted 13 December 2006 - 11:00 PM

i just brought king british algae wafers eny1 useing them or used them i put a few in my tank and my plecos found them strait away...

WESTMAN ^^

Thats some good info to know-i happen to use a product called vita max-it's a sinking carniverous pellett for bottom feeders-I have been getting excellent growth rates from it lately!!!!

#3 chriscollier

chriscollier

Caribe

• Elite Member
  • PipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:Drinking beer and fishkeeping. Also enjoy football and ice hockey.

Posted 14 December 2006 - 12:56 AM

I think i'v used the King British ones before. Never really noticed any difference between them and the Hikari ones though.

AK, probably because the carnivore pellits will have higher protein levels. Good for growth rate and for feeding predatory catfish, eels etc, but not really a great long term food for herbivorous fish.

Edited by chriscollier, 14 December 2006 - 12:57 AM.

#4 Dizzy Dawg

Dizzy Dawg

Sanchez

• Elite Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,635 posts
  • Country

Posted 14 December 2006 - 01:34 AM

Just aquired a pleco off of my brother. His Tiger Oscar kept picking on it. So much that it has wounds on it that may require some attention (probably add some salt to the water).

Never owned a pleco before. Was hoping he will enjoy my supply of shrimp pellots. He is in a community tank right now. I feed the other fish a variety of flakes and pellots.
If he pulls through I may invest in some algea wafers as well, thanks to your guys input :bowdown:

#5 akskirmish

akskirmish

Piraya

• Elite Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Country

Posted 14 December 2006 - 01:59 AM

I think i'v used the King British ones before. Never really noticed any difference between them and the Hikari ones though.

AK, probably because the carnivore pellits will have higher protein levels. Good for growth rate and for feeding predatory catfish, eels etc, but not really a great long term food for herbivorous fish.

Yeah man-I feed a wide variety of other stuff to that tank as well-I was just letting him know what I use and have had good luck with!!!! Thanks for the info sir!!!

#6 westman

westman

Caribe

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 10:26 AM

Just aquired a pleco off of my brother. His Tiger Oscar kept picking on it. So much that it has wounds on it that may require some attention (probably add some salt to the water).

Never owned a pleco before. Was hoping he will enjoy my supply of shrimp pellots. He is in a community tank right now. I feed the other fish a variety of flakes and pellots.
If he pulls through I may invest in some algea wafers as well, thanks to your guys input :bowdown:

i think he'll love them i put 3 prawns in to feed my ps and he nicks one strait away and hides away sucking it till it dissapers :LOL:

try to get sum pics

WESTMAN^^

#7 Dizzy Dawg

Dizzy Dawg

Sanchez

• Elite Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,635 posts
  • Country

Posted 14 December 2006 - 10:54 PM

I already have some prawns that I feed my P's
Maybe I will try some of them in his tank as well.

By the way, the name my brother gave this Pleco is "Sir Sucks Alot". :LOL:

#8 westman

westman

Caribe

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 10:58 PM

I already have some prawns that I feed my P's
Maybe I will try some of them in his tank as well.

By the way, the name my brother gave this Pleco is "Sir Sucks Alot". :LOL:

lol :LOL: good name :lmao: put a prawn in and see him do what his named for!!!

WESTMAN^^

#9 John B

John B

--Piranha Arms Doorman--

• Elite Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts
  • Country

Posted 17 December 2006 - 12:21 AM

My big plec's in with my oscars so i use some sinking pellets, cant remeber what they're called, they're orange crumbs :LOL: he's grown a couple of " in a couple of months so i must be doing something right :good:

John B

#10 mattlemon

mattlemon

Caribe

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycling, Tropical Fish, My Kids and eh... motorcycling.

Posted 18 December 2006 - 08:52 AM

My Plec is in with 5 RBP's and a diminishing stock of Danios that I used to cycle the tank a few months ago. Anyway, I recently found the King British wafers and he loves them but then so do the P's.

As others have said too, my Plec will actively take food off the P's (fish / prawn) and chase them off. It's probably getting to the stage where it's dangerous now as they're about 3 inches and he's about 6 inches though he seems to be well able to chase them off. Long may he reign :buttrock:

Matt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users