hi iv got a 20 ltr tank that's bare and with LED lighting and i want to make it a display tank for the living room. iv been looking at aquascaping videos on youtube here for example:
https://www.youtube....h?v=hTndI3A2rOQ. seems cool to try but obviously my own design.
I do like the floramax and sand combo few questions tho.
1. what type of filter will I need? I want to try and avoid power head. reason being I have a Siamese fighting fish/betta the current sort of shreads him and blows him all over.
after looking through many videos of aquascaping iv noticed a lot of the tanks have like a glass tube submerged I believe this is a co2 diffuser.
don't understand why it being used given that plants need co2 so...
2. purpose, use, do I need it?
3. will the lighting be sufficient enough? it is pretty bright with 3 different settings.
4. when it comes to water changes how will I go about doing them?
because I obviously wont be able to use a syphon like you would with gravel.
5. are there any other ways to heat the water? don't want a submerged heater if I can help it. he's like a snake and will find the smallest gap in the tank the weirdo. don't want him burning hes been through enough already.
6. where do you get the young plants from ebay? iv never seen (seedlings) is that the right word at the LFS their usually all mature plants and iv never heard or seen carpet plants until I found this idea.
all help much appreciated