Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:05 PM

Scratch the last post, that tank size is too big sad.gif

#12 ~Curly~

~Curly~

h

• Elite Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,061 posts
  • Interests:I currently have a Purple belt in Kickboxing and 1st Dan in Japanese Ju Jitsu, along with 1st Dan in Kyusho Jitsu. I now have my instructors qualifications in Ju Jitsu and DEBS self protection system.<br />I also enjoy tinkering around with motorbikes and playing with my kids. And of course my fish!

• MOTM: Mar-07, May-07, Mar-08, Sep-08, Feb-09, Mar-09, Dec-09
  • POTM:
    Non P Feb-07, May-07, Non P June-08
  • Country

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:12 PM

What about axolotyl's? Can be a bit carnivourous. I bought another to keep my one company but it was a bit smaller than the orginal. Came down one morning to find it sticking out of the bigger ones mouth ohmy.gif
May get some more for a little project that may come up.

#13 rac3r

rac3r

Red belly

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
  • Country

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:29 PM

That is one weird fish ohmy.gif

Looking into the tetra's a little it seems 9/10 should be ok in a 30g with the help of an external filter.

For those interested they actually do have teeth:

#14 exodon king

exodon king

Caribe

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Country

Posted 25 November 2009 - 06:00 AM

QUOTE(rac3r @ Nov 17 2009, 12:07 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's what I thought when I saw this http://www.fishdeals...ucktooth_tetra/ laugh.gif

Will a shoal fit in my size tank?

actually, they will likely only grow to be 3". at its peak, my shoal was well over 300 strong, and not a single one even close to a true 4".
i have also corresponded with many experts who have worked with them both captive and in the wild, and nobody has seen this alleged 6" exodon. it is the general agreement that the average max size of your E.Paradoxus will be 3.8"

exodons should be kept in a minimum shoal of 10, and while this may seem like a little much for a 20g, it is absolutely doable. as long as you maintain WP, and have good filtration, you will have nothing to worry about. in fact, even with 10 in a 20g, the tank will look pretty empty. i would suggest filling the empty space wit live plants.

if you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM

#15 rac3r

rac3r

Red belly

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
  • Country

Posted 27 November 2009 - 10:56 PM

Thanks for the info, interesting laugh.gif Ill let you know if I need any help good.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users